wait for it




There are quite a few signs of Spring around here. It is about time. Spring comes slowly aorund these parts. I finally got around to putting together a modest seed order for my container garden. I'm really excited. We didn't plant anything last year because we were travelling too much. The previous year we did pretty well, although I suspect that the squirrels harvested more of our crop than we did. I'm ordering all heirloom varieties this year,which made the selection process a lot more fun. I'm obsessed not just with the appearance and taste of these varieties,but the names of them are fantastic. One of the tomatoes we ordered is called the "mortgage lifter". Pretty great, I think.


Nate and Hannah came up this weekend. We did some early celebrating of Hannah's birthday with lunch at Melt. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures, but it is a grilled cheese retaurant and every bit as delicious as you can imagine. Maybe even more so.We also enjoyed the weather with a trip to the dog park. Ramona had a great time showing off her guests. We met the biggest fuzziest Newfoundland,which was the icing on the cake.



Now, it's Monday, and the party is over. It's time to contemplate getting some work done before the snow flies again. This is the midwest. It's entirely possible.

No comments: