crestfallen



I feel a bit ashamed at staying away for so long. It seemed like the longer I stayed away, the harder it was to come back. We had a good if uneventful 4th followed by some good visits with family. One of the things that has kept me away was that our camera took a tumble and was broken. Devin and I are both klutzes, so it's probably amazing it's gone this long without an accident. The ridiculous part is that it fell from a height of three inches, when Devin was crouched in the driveway taking a picture. We were wanting to replace it anyway, but not exactly right now.

I had the opportunity to be considered for a really great job, that required, as part of the interview process to conceive and create a project. It was challenging and fun and I was really happy with the results. I was really invested and absorbed in the process beyond how hopeful I was for finally finding gainful employment. Now, it finally looks as though I didn't get it and I am just so disappointed. I have been looking for a job, any job, for so very long now. It's very frustrating.

I always had in the back of my mind that I always had the option of going back to school, which I would do in a second if money were no object. I decided to go ahead and do the financial aid forms. I guess if you have a degree and can't do anything with it, you are out of luck. There is no help for you. You had your chance.

I hate that this post seems so negative, but that is life sometimes. I'm trying to feel hopeful again, to find my balance, to have an eye for the future.

2 comments:

doob said...

Hey Danielle.
keep your head up and keep trying. Even if you compromise and get a non-design/creative job, it will still support your creative lifestyle and personal projects. or am i telling you something you already know and have become frustrated about?

I've just found Coudal Partners! I think it was from a GOOD Mag blog post about the Swap Meat. I then realized that Coudal was behind another product that I've been a fan of for about two years, Jewelboxing.com. Some of the stuff that's exchanged in Swap Meat is pretty sweet.

I liked your blog when i saw it and you seemed like a cool, cheerful creative. Though, maybe not right now? Cameraless :( I know what you mean.

W

And if somehow you get linked to my blogger blogs, those are from 2003...

tiffany... said...

i totally think you should sew up that built by wendy pattern too and we can be matching blog friends! i just made my best friend get the pattern to sew so we can have matching shirts...
good luck with the job search, my dear... the right thing will come along... !