new inspiration



I bought this lot of vintage pins a few weeks ago at a flea market. I think they may have been grouped by political persuasion, but I"m not sure. My favorites are the Audubon Society pin and the "comrades" one. It ended up being the inspiration for my next project.I've been collecting vintage illustrations, in particular those from old reference books. After a little trial and error, I'm really excited with the end results:
brooches

barrettes


I really love them so, so much. I hope that there are some other people out there who will love them too. I keep passing by them and looking at them. I can't seem to help myself. I hope to add this batch to my shop as soon as possible.

It hasn't been easy working on things in this heat. I did make a delicious strawberry tart from this recipe.It was the perfect weather to enjoy this dessert, but not so much the perfect to make it. But, it came out alright and we managed to have seconds.

1 comment:

shari said...

your brooches and barrettes are so lovely. that strawberry tart looks fantastic. enjoy your day!