april snow

After several days of wonderful, warm , it-won't-last-long weather, our lawn is now officially covered completely in snow. There has been something like a 40+ degree drop in temperature. So, it was a good day for making indian food and watching dvds. A few days ago, at the library, this copy of the Drawn & Quarterly Showcase
caught my eye.

I'm so glad I picked it up. All of the pieces are wonderful, but I was particularly transfixed by the work of Genevieve Elverum. She also did the cover art. Some of her other work can be seen here. She also has ties to the band Mt. Eerie, as well some other really interesting projects. The Drawn & Quarterly page has a preview of her work that can downloaded in pdf format. I highly recommend it.The beautiful snowy scenes make a snap back to winter a little more bearable.

No comments: