she doesn't mind the weather


I've decided that I'm through with complaining about the weather. It has been pretty unseasonable, even for the midwest. We were supposed to visit my family for Easter dinner today, but as it turned out we were pretty much snowed in. So, no banana cream pie for us. Instead, we decided to embrace being homebound with some red lentil soup and homemade bread. In fact, soup is pretty much my answer to coming to terms with this turn back to the cold. I figure that now is the time to make a point to enjoy hot soup while the snow blows. You don't always get a second chance in April. That said, I was really hoping the tights and boots could be packed away for the season




.Another upside of missing Easter dinner was that I was home to watch the Wind in the Willows on Masterpiece Theatre. I don't care how much of a nerd it makes me, I really love Masterpiece Theatre on Sunday nights. I think that I appreciate PBS even more when I don't have a million channels. It's kind of great when all of my favorite shows come without commercials and cost me absolutely nothing.


There's been lots of room for inspiration lately. I spent some time last week setting up my printmaking space. I've been meaning to do it for awhile, and then Devin suprised me with an array of much needed supplies. I have a tendency to attempt to "make-do" with what I have instead of investing in things I really need. I'm not sure guys have that problem. I think that when they embrace a pastime they splash out on whatever it is they need to do it right. It's not such a bad quality. I'm glad he was looking out for me, and I'm so excited to get to work. I did update the shop with a set of sun prints I did while it was gloriously warm and sunny. I love how the set came out and I love that they capture a very specific moment in time.




I really loved the interview with the "ladies who lunch" on Hoping for Happy Accidents. I suspect that I'll be spending a bit of time checking out the archives on their page.

So, here's to a busy week.

No comments: