long weekend


Memorial Day weekend has always been a busy one in my family. I was born the day after, and wouldn't you know it, my other half was born on Memorial Day. Because of this it's always a bit of a two for one holiday,or now, a three for one. This was the first year that we hosted something and it was nice to have everyone there and to get to have it by the lake. We made a vegetarian version of this delicious sandwich. There were lots of leftovers to enjoy as well. Even though it sometimes stresses me out a little, I really thrive on planning these sorts of things. I especially love the details, like hording my used coffee cans to use for a centerpiece.The problem is I suffer from post even let-down. It always happens. After all the hustle and bustle and company, I'm always a little sad it's over.

So, today was rebound day. We took a crazily long walk for frozen custard happy hour. Mondays, 99 cent cones at Rosati's. That alone can cheer a girl up, but then there was this sale. Patterns were only 99 cents, and I thought I might randomly grab a skirt pattern or two. Then I spotted the Built By Wendy patterns. I thought that there was no way they were part of the sale. I really love them, but at $15 a piece and being a completely novice seamstress, I can't begin to justify it. So,I hesitatingly, took four to the front and wouldn't you know it...99 cents! Built By Wendy patterns for the price of a happy hour ice cream cone. Now I just need for my studio to not be 110 degrees right now...

No comments: