Oh magazines



I have a bit of a magazine problem. I'm fairly selective, but I still manage to read dozens of titles each month. A few of these I subscribe to, but many others I check out from the library. I am fortunate to have an AMAZING library, which is a bit enabling. I really just wanted to share a little bit of news with you. I just heard that Blueprint will no longer be regularly published, but instead become an occasional special guide and also be included with Martha Stewart Weddings. I like Blueprint a lot.I was really happy when it seemed to be gaining some footing and it went to being a regular bi-monthly publication instead of just quarterly. That said I probably prefer Domino. It does make for one less temptation at the checkout line.

In more exciting news, Nylon magazine is teaming up with Urban Outfitters this year. I love Nylon for the coverage of emerging designers and artists and they have fantastic music reviews among other things. I used to have trouble choosing between the now defunct Jane and Nylon. Now that my Jane subscription has been replaced by the publisher with another magazine that I would never read outside of a waiting room, this is not a problem. For a limited time you can get a FREE subscription to Nylon here.
I wish I hadn't recently caved and bought a subscription, but for those of you who don't already receive it, take advantage of this great deal.

No comments: