Grey Days



Is there a name for those endless days this time of year? My head is so achy and heavy and that I cannot for the life of me think of one. I can think of names for other times of the year but not this one.So, needless to say the weeks have been a bit long. It always makes me think of the Shins lyric, "The years have been short but the days go slowly by". I was listening to the Shins on repeat while finishing up some things for a Cleveland Handmade show at Silverthorne Gallery. (If you are in the area it's up until the end of the month). Maybe it was all the time spent in a VERY cold attic, but I've been sick all weekend. I am so.tired.of.being.sick. This has been a truly rough January.

The picture above was taken through one of my favorite candlesticks.
I have had my eye on them for quite awhile. I imagined them looking lovely on the mantle, but the realities of very thin glass on a mantle above a ceramic tile hearth and two cats and at least one very clumsy owner, it was not to be. After I broke one just minutes after arranging them, it was clear they needed a new home. Luckily they fit on the window ledge of the very high leaded glass window in the dining room. It turned out to be good decision because looking at the way the light shines through them gives me a lot of pleasure.



I just finished this book and really enjoyed it. It's been a bit difficult to throw myself into a new book, after enjoying that one so much. This always seems to happen to me. I did score this at the library, so I'm trying to make a sewing goal for the month. Also, the I'm Not There soundtrack has been playing a whole lot around here. It's so,so good. In the meantime, I'll be checking Leya's blog to see what other people's solutions are to these days.

1 comment:

kathy said...

ha ha you quoted the shins and broke a candlestick

we might be related