sunshine



I realized as I posted this picture here, that I posted a nearly identical picture last spring.But, then I thought, isn't that was awaiting spring is all about anyway? Knowing and looking forward to that green bud we know will come year after year. Forcing a little green is kind of irresistible in February.

My last post I think I mentioned trying to get through February. Funny that it is the shortest month and yet it always feels the longest. I guess my silence means it's been a but of struggle. It's amazing what a say or two of sunshine will do for you. Even knowing that there will still be snow (last year we were snowed in on Easter, for crying out loud.), it just feels so good. Ramona and I have been out for long,long walks this weekend. It's time to lose that winter layer.

Here's
a little B&S sunshine for you.

Maybe four years ago I remember listening to the Promise Ring's Wood/Water a lot around this time of year. Because of that, I always think of these lyrics when things show signs of thawing:
Spring cleaning's coming as we lose the cold weather
Put away your long johns and all your thick sweaters
We'll cut off all our winter hair
Sit out on the lawn chairs
As the sun forgets that we're here
We forget our career
All the lukewarm weeks at sixty degrees
We're hoping it's humid show our summer knees
Once in a lifetime once in a while the sun will shine on me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.